Killeen, TX, 2022: Outdoor activities are crucial in promoting holistic development of a child. With multiple health benefits, these activities may also assist in enhancing mental, social, personal and intellectual health. Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas (BGCTX), harbours incredibly beneficial programs to ignite young minds with new learnings & rich experiences.
About the Organization
Formed in 1964, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas has been nurturing young minds to reach their full potential. Their professionally curated programs aims at providing character development experiences and activities that may encourage social, physical and academic proficiency. They are committed to providing a healthy atmosphere for youth to learn and grow and become ideal citizens with accomplished personalities.
Benefits of Outdoor Activities
• Promotes physical wellbeing & healthy lifestyle.
• Builds self-confidence and positive behaviour.
• Propagates team spirit, collaborative and leadership skills.
• Enhances cognitive power & metacognitive skills.
• Builds problem resolving skills and self-awareness.
• Imparts a sense of inclusion.
• Enables students to identify potential risks and dangers.
• Offers a healthy social support system.
• Helps to build socio-emotional competency.
• Develops interpersonal skills.
• Develops adaptability.
• Instils respect and admiration for nature.
Healthy Lifestyles Programs By BGCTX to Promote Outdoor Activities
• All Stars (Age 6-18) an organized league sport and fitness program for flag football, basketball and dance teams for youth.
• SMART Girls (Age 8-18) helps girls to develop healthy attitudes & positive relationships with peers and adults; conducts dynamic sessions, participatory activities, field trips and many more.
• Triple Play (Age 6-18) is a comprehensive health and wellness program which stresses upon the significance of physical activity and proper nutrition.
To know more about their clubs, browse through https://www.bgctx.org. Call 254-699-5808 for further queries.