If you are wondering whether or not to take the patient handling course Dublin or enroll your employees in this course, you should understand the benefits of this course. Yes, this course is beneficial not only to the course takers but also to the health care employers and patients in many ways.
What are the Benefits of Safe Patient Handling?
The best patient handling course Dublin will help with bringing down the risk of injury both for patients and for healthcare workers besides enhancing the quality of patient care. When it comes to the safe lifting of patients, it involves the use of lifting equipment. The right equipment will help with bringing down the risk of manual lifting injuries by up to 95%.
In addition to bringing down injuries and associated work time, patient manual handling can bring the following benefits:
• A lesser cost associated with injuries
• Reduced pressure ulcers and patient falls
• Increased patient comfort and satisfaction
• Improved nursing recruitment and retention
• More satisfying work environment and professional status.
Advantages of Patients:
Like online manual handling training courses bringing benefits to not only the course takers but also employers and other employees working in a factory, patient handling course Dublin taken by a healthcare worker can bring the following advantages to patients as well:
• Improved rehabilitation efforts
• Reduced chances of skin bruises and tears
• Reduced risk of falls being dropped, dislocated limbs from inappropriate moving, burns and friction
• Improved satisfaction to patients
• Improved patient safety and comfort
• Improved quality of care
Benefits to Healthcare Workers:
Line online first aid course benefiting healthcare workers, the patient handling course Dublin can also be beneficial for them in many ways like those mentioned below:
• Improved work quality out of work
• Less muscle pain and less pain daily
• Better energy at the close of the work shift
• Staff can work up to an older age
• Pregnant caregivers can work longer
• Injured caregivers have a lesser probability of reinjury
• Improved job satisfaction
• Reduced injury risk
Benefits to Healthcare Employers:
Further, it will bring the following benefits to healthcare employees:
• Improved staff morale
• Fewer resources are needed for replacing injured staff
• Improved hiring and retention of healthcare workers
• Reduced risk of sick leave by trained patient handlers
• Reduced lost workdays of employees
• Reduced compensation to workers’ indemnity, legal and medical costs
• Improved patient satisfaction and safety
• Reduced number of staff injuries.
7 The Arches,
Phone: +353 1 6289374
Mobile: 086 2660596
Email: [email protected]