Nothing comes close to the convenience of having a folding bike, however, the quality of the ride depends on the level of comfort you enjoy. Comfort on a bike ride can only be ensured when you invest some amount in suitable folding bike accessories. You can easily upgrade your folding bike with simple accessories readily available online and offline. Here are some of the best accessories recommended by experts:
● Helmet: Almost all laws and regulations across the world deem bike helmets mandatory for all riders. It doesn’t matter if you own the New Birdy Standard 9-speed or a regular electric bike, you will need a bike helmet to ensure your safety. You can avail helmets in various materials, colours, and patterns. The best quality helmets are designed to be lightweight and with proper vents to optimize ventilation. It is an important feature, especially for hot and humid climatic conditions.
● Lights: Lights are important for both suburban, offbeat, and regular areas. The front lights will help you see your path clearly at night while the rear light will help other vehicles acknowledge your presence on the road and they will slow down or surpass you safely ensuring that they don’t crash into you. If you want you can always get a rechargeable light set to keep your riding safe, especially at night. Rechargeable lights can easily be recharged with a USB cable, and if you browse a little better you can easily find waterproof alternatives with innovative features like high-optic design, quick release bracket, etc. Some even come with low battery indicators that help you know when the light has been charged fully. You can get a variety of options in this category.
● Bike Lock: It is a highly important accessory that can keep your ride safe from theft. Whether you are leaving your bike in train station parking, somewhere in the forest, bus rack, or on a train, you can ensure that your bike stays safe with a good lock. The best quality locks come with high-quality materials and double lock technology, best quality steel cable, round shackle, and similar other features.
● Folding Bike Gear: This category includes several accessories that can maintain a comfort level on the ride. The first in this category are gloves, they help maintain a grip on handlebars during winters and rainy season. The highest quality gloves have moisture-wicking technology, lycra for better stretchability, optimized EVA padding, etc. They protect hands from sweat, snow, cold, and chill while riding the bike. Apart from that, there are things like glasses that keep your eyes safe. They protect your eyes from UV light and during rains you can wear waterproof glasses to keep your eyes safe from water, wind, and other disturbing elements.
● Additional Gear: It includes other additional accessories like bike radar, GPS, headset, gauge, etc. Headsets are useful when you need to block all outer voices. They can easily be synced with smartphones or an intercom that works within a range of 500 metres.
5 Vale St., St Kilda.
(03) 9534 3074