All electrical systems in your home along with the appliances have the potential to cause serious damage to your home and your family and can even lead to fatality. A short circuit or minor wear and tear in wires can lead to severe consequences if left unchecked. The voltage running through your home electrical circuit is enough to cause fires, third-degree burns, and death by electrocution. This is why it is essential to keep the electrical systems in check.
The first step towards electrical safety is educating your family about the dangers of electrical malfunctions. The children must be taught to not mess around with electrical appliances or play with wires. The other and the most important thing you can do is to look for a good electrician near you and get your problem fixed immediately.
Electrical safety at home:
1. Never try to fix broken electrical panels on your own. Call an electrician and get it fixed.
2. It is important to use a fuse of the right size. One that is of a larger size than required can cause serious burns.
3. If you have halogen lamps, keep them away from flammable objects like curtains, paintings and so on.
4. Check for damaged cords and seal them with electrical tape to protect against heat and water.
5. Do not use appliances with damaged cords and don’t plug appliances into broken plugs.
6. Avoid touching plugs and outlets with wet hands.
7. Clean lint your laundry dryer to avoid a potential fire hazard.
8. Do not put metal objects in proximity of electrical appliances.
9. If you notice a gas leak, do not touch any electrical switches. Evacuate the building, call emergency services and an electrician quickly.
10. Never replace a fuse with any other metal object.
11. Always wear rubber shoes while handling electrical systems.
12. While digging in your backyard, remember to check for underground wiring. Any damage to these wires could cause serious shocks and burns and cut the electrical supply of your house.
Electrical systems are complicated and should not be handled by anyone who is not qualified to do so. If you face any issues with your home electricity or notice any changes in voltage, make sure you call the best electrician near you to get it fixed as soon as possible.
For more details: https://www.euroemirates.com/core-divisions/electro-mechanical