The global colposcopy market size was valued at 210.45 million in 2020 and is projected to register a substantial CAGR during the forecast period, 2021–2028. The growth of the market is attributed to the growing prevalence of cervical cancer and increase in demand for early diagnostic techniques.
The key function of colposcopy is to prevent cervical cancer by early detection of precancerous tissues. Factors such as changing lifestyle, smoking, physical inactivity, changes in reproductive patterns, such as late first childbirth and fewer childbirths, and excess body weight are some common reasons responsible for various types of cancer.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), the global mortality rate from cervical cancer is extremely high, as about 90% of related deaths are occurred basically in low and middle-income countries. Early diagnostics and screening programs help to detect the disease and is widely considered among health-conscious population globally. Growth in geriatric population leads to an increased number of cervical cancer cases across the globe. Growing awareness among women regarding gynecological diseases, which leads to increase in expenditure on personal health care and regular checkups.
Market Drivers, Restraints, Trends, and Opportunities
• Increasing prevalence of cervical cancer among geriatric population is projected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
• Enhanced healthcare infrastructure in developing economies and various government initiatives to spread awareness about several types of cancers occurring especially in women are positively impacting the market growth.
• Technical integration leads to introduction of high-resolution imaging devices, which is expected to replace traditional colposcopes, thereby boosting the market growth.
• Rapidly growing geriatric population, heavy burden of cervical cancer, and technical advancements in colposcopy are driving the market growth. Additionally, growing awareness regarding gynecological diseases are projected to create various growth opportunities for the player in the market.
• Various cancer awareness programs initiated by government of several emerging economies, fair reimbursement of policies, and adoption of innovative technology are projected to boost the growth of the market.
• High cost of the cancer treatment and requirement of prolonged treatment are key challenges that can hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
Global Colposcopy Market Segment Insights
Stationary segment is projected to represent a considerable market share
On the basis of portability, the market is bifurcated into stationary and handheld systems. The stationary segment is projected to represent a considerable market share during the forecast period. The segment growth is due to increasing demand for stationary systems in organizations owing to their affordable prices as compared to other counterparts. However, the handheld segment is projected to register a healthy CAGR during the forecast period due to rising demand for handheld systems due to its advantages such as increasingly adopted owing to their mobility.
Video segment anticipated to constitute a large market share
In terms of modality, the market is classified into optical and video. The video segment is anticipated to constitute a large market share during the forecast period due to video modality enables clarity in visual and motion pictures, which aids in accurate diagnosis.
Pelvic segment estimated to account for a significant market share
On the basis of applications, the market is divided into oral and pelvic exams. The pelvic segment is estimated to account for a significant market share during the forecast period owing to wide adoption of the devices by gynecologists for analyzing lesions and several other abnormalities. Pelvic colposcopy examinations are specifically used to analyze inflammation, infection, cancerous changes, and traumatic injuries in vagina and cervix.
Asia Pacific projected to represent a considerable market share
In terms of regions, the global colposcopy market is categorized as Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific is projected to represent a considerable market share during the forecast period owing to the growing number of patients suffering from cervical cancer and increase in penetration of medical imaging technology in the region.
Some of the key players in the global colposcopy market are Karl Kaps GmbH & Co. KG, Carl Zeiss, Cooper Surgical, Inc., DYSIS Medical Ltd., ATMOS Medizin Technik GmbH & Co. KG, Olympus Corporation, McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc., Ecleris S.R.L., Optomic, and Seiler Instrument Inc.
About Growth Market Reports:
GROWTH MARKET REPORTS provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Industry Intelligence Solutions”. GROWTH MARKET REPORTS has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain. Our key analysis segments, though not restricted to the same, include market entry strategies, market size estimations, market trend analysis, market opportunity analysis, market threat analysis, market growth/fall forecasting, primary interviews, secondary research & consumer surveys.
Growth Market Reports
Phone: +1 909 414 1393
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter