The global smoke evacuation systems market is anticipated to grow at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period, 2021–2028. Surgical smoke evacuation is a high-flow vacuum source used to encapsulate the smoke aerosols produced owing to the use of electrosurgical units (ESUs) and lasers. However, smoke evacuation is not obligatory to use for each and every surgical procedure.
Operating ESUs during a surgery normally produces detrimental smoke trail. ESUs are used in plastic surgery besides its usage extending to dermatological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, and urological surgery. Smoke evacuation systems comprise of a vacuum pump with filters to absorb and get rid of aerosol and surgical smoke released from the operation theatre. The system offers to send the filtered air back in the room to replace the surgical smoke and restore fresh indoor air. Failure to drain the smoke out of the operation theatre results in inhalation of hydrogen cyanide, benzene, and carbon monoxide, which are likely to cause nausea, respiratory distress, and eye inflammation.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
• Factors such as mounting demand for cosmetic and laparoscopic procedures and buttressing government initiatives for the healthcare development are expected to grow the market.
• Enhancing medical technology and rising demand for marginally invasive surgeries are also key drivers of the smoke evacuation systems market.
• Smoke-associated risk alleviation, increased visibility during laser procedures, and reduced build-up on camera lenses are anticipated to bolster the acceptance of smoke evacuation systems; thus, boosting the market during the forecast period.
• Increasing development of new products offering more safer and effective smoke evacuation is projected to fuel the market expansion.
• Escalating government pressure to reduce healthcare cost has compelled numerous healthcare providers to team up with integrated health networks (IHNs) and group purchasing organizations (GPOs). These organizations negotiate with suppliers and manufacturers of smoke evacuation systems to provide cost effective system is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the market development.
Global Smoke Evacuation Systems Market Segment Insights:
Smoke Evacuation Pencils & Wands segment growing at substantial CAGR
In terms of product types, the smoke evacuation systems market is divided into smoke evacuating systems, smoke evacuation filters, smoke evacuation pencils & wands, smoke-evac fusion products, smoke evacuation tubings, and accessories. The smoke evacuation pencils & wands segment is anticipated to hold a significant share during the forecast period owing to the rising acceptance of the product type in the establishment of healthcare facilities across the globe. Moreover, the security benefits provided by smoke evacuation pencils & wands by ensuring a safe environment for technologists, nurses, surgical teams, and surgeons besides patients act as key factors that help grow the market segment.
Laparoscopic surgeries segment to hold major market share
On the basis of applications, the smoke evacuation systems market is divided into laparoscopic surgeries, open general surgeries, orthopedic surgeries, and medical aesthetics surgeries. The laparoscopic surgeries segment is anticipated to grow at a fast pace holding a sizeable market share of the market during the forecast period. Factors such as the benefits of laparoscopic surgeries to conventional open surgery are anticipated to augment the working atmosphere in the operating room; thereby, rising the demand for smoke evacuation systems.
North America dominates the global market
Based on regions, the market can be classified as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America holds a significant share of the global market and is estimated to dominate the market during the forecast period. This is mainly due to the rise in the number of inpatient operations in the region, increase in number of the targeted population, and broader adoption of guidelines and protocols of the systems in the region.
Major players in the global smoke evacuation systems market includes CONMED Corporation, ErbeElektromedizin GmbH, KLS Martin Group, Medical Device Business Services, Inc, Medtronic, Olympus Corporation, Pall Corporation, Stryker, Symmetry Surgical Inc., and Zimmer Biomet.
About Growth Market Reports:
GROWTH MARKET REPORTS provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Industry Intelligence Solutions”. GROWTH MARKET REPORTS has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain. Our key analysis segments, though not restricted to the same, include market entry strategies, market size estimations, market trend analysis, market opportunity analysis, market threat analysis, market growth/fall forecasting, primary interviews, secondary research & consumer surveys.
Growth Market Reports
Phone: +1 909 414 1393
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter