Global Medical Foam Market is expected to record a CAGR of 6% during the review period.
The expanding healthcare industry and increased spending on healthcare, coupled with the rising geriatric population, are expected to fuel the demand for medical foam. The growing demand for implantable medical devices is likely to drive the growth of the medical foam market. However, fluctuations in raw material prices are expected to hinder the market growth.
Get Free [email protected]
The increasing regulations against the use of isocyanates and polyols due to their hazardous impact are likely to affect the growth of the polyurethane market and, thus, the medical foam market.
By Form: The medical foam market can primarily be categorized into flexible, rigid, and spray.
• Flexible —The flexible segment accounted for the largest market in 2019 due to the growing use of flexible foam in medical dressing, bedding & cushioning, medical face shields, wheelchair pads, and orthotics, among others.
• Rigid —Rigid medical foam finds application in diagnostic imaging beds, X-ray and diagnostic tables, artificial bone test media, and packaging of medical devices. Thermoformed rigid plastic materials such as polyethylene terephthalate glycol (PETG), polyethylene terephthalate (PETE), acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS), and high impact polystyrene (HIPS) are primarily used for medical packaging applications.
• Spray —Spray medical foam is used for disinfecting the surfaces of non-invasive medical devices as well as invasive medical devices.
By Material: The global medical foam market has been segmented into polymers, latex, and metal.
• Polymers —The polymers segment accounted for the largest share of the global medical foam market in 2019. Some of the commonly used polymers used to make medical foam include polyurethane foam, polystyrene, polyethylene terephthalate glycol, and polyolefin. Among these polymers, polyurethane foam is being widely used owing to its superior properties, including light weight, resiliency, low odor, and high resistance to mildew
• Latex —Latex is widely used in mattresses and mattress toppers over other materials owing to its durability. The increasing number of hospitals is likely to drive the need for beds and, thus, for latex.
• Metal —Metal foams are likely to replace rigid materials in medical implants such as titanium. Metal foams possess modulus of elasticity similar to that of bones. Additionally, medical foams are light in weight, exhibit high-energy absorption capacity, and provide high mechanical strength.
By Application: The global medical foam market has been segmented into bedding & cushioning, medical packaging, medical devices & components, prosthetics & wound care, and others
• BEDDING & CUSHIONING —The segment accounted for the largest share of the global medical foam market in 2019 and is expected to register a significant CAGR during the review period. Polyurethane foam is being widely used in medical bedding & cushioning applications, including medical pillows, comfort pads, surgical beds, and wheelchair cushions, among others. Medical cushions support the head, neck, and shoulders and alleviate tension & stress.
• MEDICAL PACKAGING—Medical foam made using material such as cross-linked polyethylene foams, thermoplastic polyurethane, polyethylene terephthalate, and polyethylene terephthalate glycol are used in packaging of medical devices such as orthopedic plants, surgical screws, and clamshells. Thermoplastic polyurethane foams are extensively used with sterile barrier systems in protecting orthopedic implants and surgical screws, among others.
• MEDICAL DEVICES & COMPONENTS—Medical foams are used for packaging, gasketing, and sealing in medical devices. The growing use of medical devices is likely to fuel the demand for the medical devices segment at a significant rate during the review period.
• PROSTHETICS & WOUND CARE—Medical foams are used to cover wounds as it offers high performance and reliability. Medical foams absorb fluids & bacteria and thus, provide an effective dressing for bleeding, open, or seeping wounds. Medical foam is used as a filler in arm prostheses.
By Region: The global medical foam market has been segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
Asia-Pacific: The market in Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the review period on account of growing healthcare industry particularly in China and India.
• North America: The established presence of medical device industry is likely to drive the growth of the North American medical foam market.
• Europe: The increased spending on R&D activities in medical industry is likely to drive the market growth in the region.
• Latin America and Middle East & Africa: Latin America and the Middle East & Africa markets are likely to register considerable growth during the review period on account of increasing healthcare spending coupled with rising geriatric population.
Browse Full Report Details @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/medical-foam-market-9693