How to Move to Canada from Hong Kong:A Guide for Expats and Their Families

Posted March 6, 2023 by PaulAbraham

The Canadian government is committed to attracting skilled workers from different countries including Hong Kong. To ensure that Canada's immigration system meets its objectives, there are a number of pathways available for interested individuals.
Hong Kong is a popular place for immigrants to Canada. There are many reasons why people want to move there, but most people want the opportunity to live in a country with an innovative culture and a strong economy.
Canada has been ranked as one of the best countries in the world for economic growth and business development by The World Bank Group and The United Nations (UN). It also ranks high in terms of quality of life, education, personal safety, and democratic institutions. These factors make Canada an attractive destination for immigrants from around the world.
The most common way for Hong Kong residents to move to Canada is through the skilled worker category of immigration. This category allows people with certain professional skills or education levels (including university degrees) to come and live permanently in Canada on a conditional basis. This means that once you've arrived in Canada, you'll need to apply for permanent residence within two years—which means that your plans must be well-thought-out before coming here!
The Hong Kong Pathway Policy was developed to help ensure that immigrants from China and other countries have the opportunity to settle here and contribute to the Canadian economy. The policy is intended for those who have completed high school or college in their home country but do not yet speak English well enough to attend university or vocational training programs in Canada.
The Pathway Policy guarantees enrolment into one of our approved programs at any post-secondary institution in Canada. You must complete two years of full-time study at an eligible institution before applying for permanent residency from within Canada (or from abroad). If you have completed only one year of study, then you can apply for temporary status immediately after completing the second year; however, this will not count towards the two-year requirement.
-- END ---
Share Facebook Twitter
Print Friendly and PDF DisclaimerReport Abuse
Contact Email [email protected]
Issued By Paul Abraham
Phone 9028099441
Business Address 650 Washmill Lake Drive
Country Canada
Categories Advertising
Tags hong kong , canada , skilled hong kong workers , hong kongers before arrive canada , annual salary , work in canada from hong kong
Last Updated March 6, 2023