Once upon a time, voice talent was widely utilized and respected, but it was live. Operators answered phones and used switchboards to route and re-route calls. Now, everything is digital: “Press one for the operator, press two to continue with the customer service menu.”
Finding a great voice artist is a must due to this shift in technology. Whether looking for a voice actor for a phone menu or voicemail system, demonstration videos, e-courses, or some other reason, taking a look at local and national voice over providers is a must.
Some people say that anybody with a nice voice and a clear communication style can record a message, but this isn’t true. Think about the difference between the everyday Joe, a radio DJ, and a professional announcer in commercials. The clarity, the range, and the tone are different.
Finding the right voice actor, or company for a contract, isn’t hard, though. Here are some tips.
1. Think about your needs! Ask yourself, who is going to listen to the message? Should it be a male voice? A female voice? What age? What it comes down to is a matter of personal preference. Just be sure to consider the questions from the perspective of the listeners.
2. Create a budget. Money talks these days, and you need to be ready to pony up for a professional service. If you’re not going to be able to afford all the bells and whistles, determine the non-negotiables and start the negotiation process from there.
3. Don’t be afraid to invest when it comes to hiring someone for an online voice over. Although budgets are an important part of business, so is investing. A little extra money in the voice over department now could spell out larger returns later!
4. Examine the credentials of the agency and the actor. You don’t necessarily want to go with the newest actors and companies on the block. It’s generally better to go with people who are experienced or at least have an impressive portfolio for on hold messaging.
5. Reputation is everything these days, and that goes double in the world of voice over acting. Find a company that has an impressive background to ensure there will be fewer bumps in the road.
At the end of the day, voiceover acting is about trust. The company trusts the actor, the client trusts the agency, and the listener trusts the voice repeating the message.
Address: 29335 Lochinvar Rd, Highland, CA 92346, USA
Phone: (877) 865-3459
Email: [email protected]