SVR Global is the top Globe valve manufacturer in USA. A globe valve is a type of valve used to regulate or stop the flow of a fluid through a pipeline. The valve gets its name from its shape of the body. A globe valve has a spherical body, moveable disc and stationery seat of ring type. The Opening of seat is closed off, while the seat of globe valve is in middle and parallel to the pipe.
Globe valve manufacturer in USA have globe valves that are typically used for highly corrosive or viscous fluids that solidify at room temperature. It is used as an Automated/Control valve with an actuator. Its flow control usage is one of the common use of it.
Parts of Globe Valve
• Body: The body of the valve is the outer casing that houses the other internal parts. It is typically made from materials such as cast iron, cast steel, stainless steel, or bronze.
• Bonnet: The bonnet of the valve is the top portion of the body that covers the stem and disk assembly. It provides a seal that prevents leaks from the valve stem.
• Disk: The disk is the part of the valve that moves up and down to control the flow of fluid or gas. It is typically made from materials such as stainless steel, carbon steel, or brass.
• Stem: The stem of the valve connects the disk to the actuator and is responsible for opening and closing the valve. It is typically made from materials such as stainless steel or carbon steel.
• Seat: The seat of the valve is the surface against which the disk seats to stop the flow of fluid or gas. It is typically made from materials such as stainless steel, carbon steel, or brass.
• Packing: The packing is a material that surrounds the valve stem and provides a seal to prevent leaks.
• Gland: The gland is the part of the valve that compresses the packing around the valve stem to create a tight seal.
• Actuator: The actuator is the mechanism that operates the valve and can be manual, electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic.
Types of Globe Valves:
• T-pattern globe valve: This type of valve has a T-shaped body, with the inlet and outlet ports on either side of the valve and the stem and disk in the center.
• Pressure Seal Globe Valve: A pressure seal globe valve is a type of globe valve that uses a pressure seal bonnet to provide a tight and secure seal at high pressures, typically above 900 pounds per square inch (psi).
• Y-pattern globe valve: This type of valve has a Y-shaped body, with the stem and disk at an angle to the inlet and outlet ports. This design provides a larger flow area and is often used in applications where high flow rates are required.
• Angle-pattern globe valve: This type of valve has a right-angled body, with the inlet and outlet ports at 90 degrees to each other. This design is often used in applications where space is limited, such as in piping that is close to a wall or other obstruction.
• Bellow globe valve: A bellow globe valve is a type of globe valve that uses a flexible metal bellow to provide a hermetic seal between the valve body and the stem.
• API Globe valve: API globe valve refers to a globe valve that is manufactured in accordance with the American Petroleum Institute (API) standards.
• Forged Globe Valve:A forged globe valve is a type of globe valve that is made by forging the valve body, stem, and other components from a single piece of material.
● Electric power industry
● Industrial Gas
● Oil and Gas
● Chemical Feed Systems
• Oil and gas industry: Globe valves are used in upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas operations to control the flow of fluids, gases, and other media.
• Water treatment plants: Globe valves are used in water treatment plants to regulate the flow of water and other liquids.
• Chemical processing facilities: Globe valves are used in chemical processing plants to control the flow of chemicals and other hazardous materials.
• Power generation facilities: Globe valves are used in power generation facilities to control the flow of steam, water, and other fluids in boilers, turbines, and other equipment.
● Regulating flow- We can use globe valve to stop, start and regulate the flow, regulating the flow through the valve is a big advantage.
● Better seat- Globe valves tend to seat better than other types of valves, this is because the disc is at the right angle to the seat.
● Good shut down capabilities.
● Corrosion resistance: Stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion, making it suitable for use in harsh chemical and corrosive environments.
● Durability: Stainless steel is a strong and durable material that can withstand high pressure and temperature conditions.
● Versatility: Stainless steel globe valves are available in a variety of sizes and types, making them suitable for use in a wide range of applications.
Body material: Ductile Iron, Stainless Steel [SS316, SS304, SS316L, SS904L,
CF8, CF8M, F304, F316, F31L, F51, F3, F55, F91], Cast Iron, Cast steel [A216 WCB, WCC, LCB, LCC, WC6,WC9)
Class: PN10-PN450, 150-2500
Size: DN 10 – DN 1200
Ends: Butt weld, Flanged, threaded, socket weld
Operations-: Hand-wheel operated, Pneumatic, Electric actuated, and Gear operated Globe Valve
Visit our website for more details: