Bio-defenses are a combination of different systems and processes, which are put together in a place by bioscience laboratories, agricultural managers, customs agents, and other professionals to prevent the use of dangerous pathogens and toxins. Examples of these include the regulations that are imposed on the research carried out on certain pathogens, or preparatory plans for the case of a hostile disease outbreak. To build and maintain a successful bio-defense system, laboratories should have a mechanism methodology for the investigation of the outbreak and also a mechanism to prevent a biological attack. This mechanism should comprise primitive, secondary, and tertiary level prevention from the biological attacks.
Request for sample [email protected]
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs, such as hydroxychloroquine, have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19.
Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs as many developed countries are short of these drugs. The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
There has been a rise in the frequency of infectious diseases, such as influenza, that has spread a lot of awareness and encouraged pharmaceutical companies to work on R&D for such biological threats. Various programs are also conducted to improvise the scientific research of infectious diseases and create awareness within the public and encourage the population to use public health and be prepared for such biological attacks.
The major consumers of the bio-defense market are the military and governments of any country. As the governments are closely looking upon the current and future policies and the activities to understand the bio-security and bio-defense threats & preventions, various pharmaceutical companies operating in the bio-defense market have considerable opportunities to expand and be prepared for any bioterrorism.
Key benefits of the report:
• This study presents the analytical depiction of the bio-defense market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
• The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the bio-defense market share.
• The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the bio-defense market growth scenario.
• Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the bio-defense market.
• The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Key Market Players
• Emergent Bio-Solutions, Inc.
• Xoma Corporation
• PharmAthene, Inc.
• SIGA Technologies, Inc.
• Dynavax Technologies Corporation
• Elusys Therapeutics, Inc.
• Cleveland Biolabs
• Ichor Medical Systems
• Dynport Vaccine Company LLC
• Achaogen, Inc.
• Bavarian Nordic
• Nano therapeutics, Inc.
• Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.