Sleep apnea is a sleeping disorder that can lead to serious health problems, including hypertension (high blood pressure), stroke, cardiomyopathy (enlargement of the muscle tissue of the heart), heart failure, diabetes and heart attacks. Untreated sleep apnea causes breathing to stop repeatedly during sleep, causing loud snoring and daytime tiredness, even with a full night’s sleep. Sleep apnea can affect anyone, but most often older men who are overweight. Sleep apnea occurs in about 25% of men and nearly 10% of women. It can affect people of all ages, including babies and children and particularly people over the age of 50 and those who are overweight. Certain physical traits and clinical features are common in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
Request Sample Report for More Insights: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/4666
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Sleep Apnea Diagnostics Market (Pre and Post Analysis)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) was discovered in late December in Hubei province of Wuhan city in China. The disease is caused by a virus, namely, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is transmitted among humans. supply chains were disrupted due to restrictions on trade of pharmaceutical ingredients and products across countries. In addition, COVID 19 is an infectious disease with flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing. In its disruption to clinical trials and drug supply to patients, the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the most crucial areas of the sleep apnea diagnostics market. The banned trade with other nations and enforced travel restrictions, resulting in decline in diagnostics and surgical procedures in the first half of 2020. According to the study published in the British Journal of Surgery, around 28.4 million elective procedures were cancelled or postponed in May 2020, based on a 12-week period of peak disruption to hospital services due to COVID-19. There has been a significant reduction in hospitals and sleep laboratory-based diagnosis of sleep apnea.
The global sleep apnea diagnostics market is segmented into product, end user, and region. Depending on product, the market is fragmented into polysomnography (PSG) devices, actigraphy systems, respiratory polygraph, sleep apnea screening device, oximeter. On the basis of end user, it is bifurcated into hospital & sleep lab and homecare. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
North America accounted for the highest market share in 2020, due to availability of advance therapeutics, higher spreading of awareness, and heavy expenditure by the government on healthcare, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Pharmaceutical companies have focused on expanding their presence in emerging economies, which is anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Players
• Cadwell Industries Inc
• Devilbiss Healthcare
• Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Philips)
• Medtronic Plc
• Mindray Medical International Limited
• Natus Medical Incorporated
• Nihon Kohden Corporation
• Resmed Inc
• Smiths Group Plc. (Smiths Medical)
• Somnomedics Gmbh
Key Benefits of Sleep Apnea Diagnostics Market:
• Detailed quantitative analysis of the current sleep apnea diagnostics market trends and forecast estimations from 2020 to 2030
• In-depth market analysis includes analysis of various regions, which is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
• A comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global sleep apnea diagnostics market is provided.
• analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2020 to 2030, in terms of value.
• An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
• Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help in understanding competitive outlook of the market.