Death and brain damage related to cardiac arrest are consistently increasing in different cities of the United States. Luckily, there are a few qualified bystanders, who can impart temporary relief to patients until the arrival of medical care. If you are willing to be a bystander, you must undergo basic life support or CPR certification programs in your city.
Overview of BLS or CPR Program
CPR or BLS Certification program trains candidates to identify many life-threatening emergencies. When you attend CPR Classes, you learn to impart chest compressions by retaining its quality, delivering the necessary ventilation and methods to use AED as early as possible.
Who can take BLS or CPR Program?
BLS program is for doctors, healthcare professionals, and other individuals willing to acquire knowledge related to cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Other than learning CPR, you will know a few skills related to life support and cardiovascular diseases. In this way, you may get a chance to work in many pre-hospital and in-facility settings.
Scope of Basic Life Support Program
While searching CPR classes near me, you will get institutes imparting knowledge on the following aspects of the BLS program.
· High quality of CPR for infants, children, and adults
· Chain of Survival according to the American Heart Association and its BLS components
· Early application of an automatic external defibrillator
· Application of a barrier instrument to provide ventilation
· Tracking performance and considering the significance of teams in multi-rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation while imparting multi-rescue CPR
· Relief from the obstruction of foreign airways for infants and adults
Features of CPR Certification
The cardiopulmonary resuscitation program by American Heart Association has the following features-
· Highlights education and science from the updated guidelines for ECC and CPR
· Hands-on class format with instructor-led programs to reinforce the proficiency of skills
· Strong emphasis on imparting high-quality CPR with a classroom activity on team dynamics
· Emphasis to impart high quality of CPR, fraction to improve chest compression, and outstanding performance of team dynamics
· Video-based learning programs to make sure of consistency with scenarios of the real world.
· The certification also features video programs with many real-world scenarios to teach basic life support in both pre-hospital and in-facility settings.
Additional Aspects of the Program
Instructors offering the BLS Certification program in reputed AHA accredited institutes conduct pre-briefing with students before beginning a simulation. Pre-briefing intends to set up a positive learning environment and gives information related to students’ sessions. Other than that, teams may establish their goals for different cases and discuss them during debriefing. Doing so will prepare trainees to complete the program successfully.
CPR coach promotes a high quality of CPR and let team leaders focus on different elements related to cardiac arrest care. Moreover, the coach coordinates the assigned tasks of different team members. In this way, the coach assures to deliver clinical care according to the AHA guidelines.
With knowledge of the features and aspects of the program, you may easily choose a good institute to acquire CPR certification. Only, you must have the willingness to work as bystanders and eagerness to develop new skills.
PDRE UCR AMSA OFFICE
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521