Women often have a 10% to 20% IUI treatment success rate in their first cycle. This demonstrates that the more the number of cycles completed, the greater the likelihood of conception. The method of IUI gives the couple hope at each stage by varying the possibility of conception in each cycle. Three cycles of intrauterine insemination are normally advised for a single pair. Depending on the scenario and the rate of success, this may or may not be the case.
Factors Affecting the Outcome of IUI Therapy
When it comes to IUI, several variables come into play. First, there is a 20% success rate when therapy is repeated every month for many months. Consider the following criteria in determining a company’s success:
- Sperm concentration in the semen: The sperm sample utilized in the IUI technique should have a greater sperm concentration. The more sperm there are, the more likely it is that an egg will be fertilized. As a result, it’s recommended that you skip sex or masturbation for roughly three days before donating semen.
- Having sex after the IUI procedure: Having sex after IUI may seem pointless, but doctors have shown that it increases the likelihood of becoming pregnant. Experts think that the release of chemicals and hormones in the body during sexual contact increases the likelihood of pregnancy. If the woman has had bleeding throughout the IUI treatment in Delhi, fertility professionals may advise couples to refrain from sexual activity for at least one day.
- Moderate or heavy exercise: Moderate to intense exercise has lower fertility, despite its many health benefits. As a result, infertility doctors recommend that women refrain from exercising throughout therapy. According to research, strenuous exercise and other high-intensity physical activity have been related to higher chances of miscarriage and stillbirth. In addition to the increased risk of miscarriage and implantation failure, women who engage in more vigorous activity for longer durations are also twice as likely to lose their pregnancies. With infertility treatments such as IUI, it is advisable to avoid strenuous cardio exercises and instead go for low-intensity choices such as walking, swimming, or yoga.
- Proper nutrition: IUI and other infertility therapies do not need adherence to a certain diet. All infertility therapies, however, may benefit from a healthy diet. Whole foods are preferable to processed ones. Reduce your intake of foods high in refined flour, such as cakes and baked goods. To prevent trans fats and sugar, which may have a negative impact on fertility and your general health, you should eat a diet that is low in these foods. In addition, infertility treatments may benefit from appropriate protein intake since protein deficit impacts reproductive health.
- Stress: Nearly all of the body’s organs and systems are negatively impacted by stress. Stress may have a negative impact on the reproductive system, causing it to malfunction and decreasing the odds of a favourable result. Treatments like IUI are certain to produce anxiety, but that is to be expected, so don’t panic. During therapy, it is necessary to engage in activities that will help alleviate your stress. When going through an IUI procedure, yoga, walking, meditation, and simple breathing techniques might help calm your anxiety.
Having a child as early as possible is a common goal for newlyweds, but doing so requires thorough research into the many options available. First, they should seek advice from a fertility specialist. Then, if IUI treatment center in Delhi is chosen, they should be well-informed on the many risks and benefits of the procedure and the likelihood of success at each step.