The world of the medical device is changing at a fast pace. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past few years, you are well aware of that fact. In the past, cost reduction was the main factor in motivating medical device vendors to partner with offshore contract manufacturers. That’s no longer the only key motivator and there are many other points to consider.
If the contract manufacturer you’re working with doesn’t have your business’s best interest in mind, you’re heading in the wrong direction. The relationship between a medical device vendor and a contract manufacturer is similar to a marriage: Pick the right partner and have a long, elated, and productive future together. Pick the wrong one, and everything goes downhill.
Well, in that case, you need to find a resource that can work with your organization to understand and achieve your end-goal. Cost is, and always will be, a crucial factor in choosing a manufacturing partner of medical products for your project, but there are other characteristics that play a vital role in creating an everlasting and profitable partnership. Here are the things to consider when selecting a Medical Device Contract Manufacturer:
● Areas of Expertise: The first thing to consider is the manufacturer's areas of expertise. You need to see whether your partner is vertically integrated or has a singular focus. A vertically integrated contract manufacturer delivers momentous value to your business, with a graduated system of engineering, secure supply chains, & intelligent teams. This ensures reduced cost & total value to the product. On the other end, singularly focused manufacturers are experts in their field of the singular commodity process.
● Quality: Quality is the most important factor to consider & there is no alternative to a robust quality system. Contract manufacturers with ISO certifications and FDA approval always help reduce your time, money, and effort in the long run, while taking your business to the next level.
● Responsive Communication: Effective communication is the key to any product’s development being successful. A well-responsive communication channel ensures zero error, especially in the beginning of the due diligence process.
● Country/Region: The country and region of the manufacturer will significantly affect the important aspect of pricing. If you’re located in the US, countries such as India are best suited for contract manufacturing because the benefits include lower costs per unit, easy access, and well organized distribution channels. All of these benefits are gained while still meeting the timeliness of the product requirements.
● Core Value: Contract manufacturers that can adapt quickly and that are transparent in their integration, project management, execution, communication, and pricing are going to be vital to the growth of your business, regardless of future marketing scenarios.
Shoney Scientific Inc. has made it possible to secure the medical products you require at prices that make sense for your business. We are the best resource for contract development and manufacturing of medical products through our offshore contacts in India. We take your ideas and concepts, then have our offshore resources manufacture the product to your specifications. We also take care of the import & export process of those products, ensuring a complete peace-of-mind.