Creating content for website isn’t similar to writing for print media. Not only it differs in style but also the fonts vary. Fonts that are used in print media are greatly different than those of the web fonts as it is quite harder to identify or read writing on computer screen. While deciding which web font is required to be used, consider your site’s characters. Also, find whether your potential free web fonts accommodate appropriately to varied screens or operating systems. If you end up using an irrelevant and inappropriate webfonts, the website may appear unprofessional. And in a result of which, you can lose a large number of visitors.
How to decide which website font is suitable?
• Analyze your website’s character: Obviously you would prefer using large and fancy free web fonts for the header and smaller fonts for the copy matter in order to grab the eyes of the audiences. However, when you are making use of a fancy font ensure it is properly visible and is available on the majority of the operating systems or else your present and potential visitors will find them difficult to read. There are many sites today who offer web fonts free of cost. You can visit those sites and take a look at the various options available.
• Compatibility: Though, fonts incorporated within images are visible on almost all computers, they are not always read by search engines as they can read the text only. While designing or developing any sort of images it is therefore suggested to use alt tag in order to convey what the image is all about.
• Using web-friendly fonts: Usually two kinds of fonts are widely used. They are serif fonts and sans serif fonts. The former one is normally used in print media, which includes Times Roman and Georgia so and so forth. But these kinds of fonts are not appropriate for web as they are a bit difficult to be read on computer screens. On the other hand, the latter ones do not include serifs and they are the ideal ones fort web but aren’t appropriate for the print media. They include Verdana, Trebuchet, Arial and a few more.
• Right font sizes: Other than choosing a proper font, it is equally important to settle for an ideal font size. If you want your content to be viewed properly in PC as well as MAC, it is recommended to use pixels then points. Additionally, ensure large font size is used for header, smaller size for subheadings and point/pixels for the body of the text.
• Use CSS: It is suggested to make use of cascading style sheet as this will allow you to develop font style easily across the entire website. Moreover, in the near future if you want to alter the font on the webpage, you will just have to change the sheet style.
Creating relevant web copy by using webfonts not only enhances its readability and adds character but also shows your concern about the visitors’ experience.
Searching for free web fonts http://fontsforweb.com ? Our site offers numerous webfonts http://fontsforweb.com free of cost.