Herbal tea or tisane is a beloved beverage around the world thanks to its great taste and natural healing properties. What makes herbal tea different from other teas is the fact that it comes in a blend of herbs, spices, roots, flowers, fruits, and leaves and contains no caffeine naturally.
Let us have a look at the 8 ways herbal tea benefits your health
1. It detoxifies your body – herbal teas are great detoxifiers, removing toxins from your body the minute you indulge in a warm or hot cup. Herbal teas like ginger tea or peppermint tea remove impurities from the blood and certain organs where toxins are housed for elimination.
2. It lowers anxiety and stress levels – if you are prone to stress or anxiety, the best way to calm down is with a hot brew of herbal tea. You can opt for chamomile tea which comes with relaxing properties. In most cases, herbal teas act as antidepressants and can also cure insomnia.
3. It aids digestion – herbal teas like peppermint tea or ginger tea soothe stomach cramps, relax the digestive tract and stimulate digestive enzymes.
4. It slows down aging – if you care about your skin and would like to slow down aging the best way to do that is by having a cup of two of herbal tea a day. Herbal teas fight free radicals and slow down the aging of the cells in your body which in turn make your skin more radiant and younger.
5. It boosts immunity – herbal teas contain polyphenols termed flavonols that boost immunity. Polyphenols also encourage blood circulation and reduce blood sugar levels.
6. It aids weight loss – since teas contain catechins, a type of flavonoid, it helps boost metabolism and also breaks down fat faster. Ginger tea is believed to be the best tea option for those looking to shed a few pounds. Along with a healthy diet and exercise, you can achieve your weight goal better.
7. It is a miracle worker for your skin – since herbal teas are packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, it is considered a miracle potion for people with blemishes, pimples, or acne. Herbal teas are known to remove toxins from the body and clear the skin within a week of consumption. Chamomile tea, for instance, has antibacterial properties and is packed with antioxidants. So if you wish for glowing and healthy skin, you should consider including this magic potion in your diet. Spearmint tea on the other hand is an excellent potion against breakouts because it reduces the number of male hormones in the body which cause acne or breakouts.
8. Herbal teas can reduce menstrual pain – teas such as chamomile tea are great against menstrual pain and muscle spasms due to their anti-spasmodic properties. Moreover, people suffering from depression or depressive symptoms should have at least a cup of chamomile tea a day since this magic potion modulates dopamine and serotonin which reduces or suppresses depressive symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions about Herbal Tea
Is Herbal Tea good against Insomnia?
Herbal tea is a sure way to ensure good sleep. The best tea to soothe and treat insomnia is chamomile tea which can be taken three to four hours before bedtime.
What are some of the best and healthiest teas available?
Some of the best and healthiest herbal teas are as follows
● Chamomile Tea
● Peppermint Tea
● Hibiscus Tea
● Sage Tea
● Rooibos Tea
● Ginger Tea
Do herbal Teas Cause Dehydration?
Unlike other hot beverages such as coffee or green or black tea that contain caffeine, herbal teas do not cause dehydration. The lack of caffeine in herbal assortments are great ways to stay hydrated.
Tetique is home to a selection of freshly picked herbal tea assortments ranging from peppermint to chamomile and ginger to Rooibos. Take your pick here at www.tetique.com