Bharat Book Bureau Provides the Trending Industry Research Report on “Hong Kong Retail Banking Market to 2025 - Analyzing Mortgage, Deposit, Lending Market Trends, and Digital & Alternative Channel Preferences”under Services Market Research Report. The report offers a collection of superior Market research, Market analysis, competitive intelligence and Market reports.
The Retail Banking Sector in Hong Kong has shown growth despite the recent impact of COVID-19. Residential mortgages and retail deposits recorded the highest compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) in the region, with the exception of China. Consumer credit lending showed a strong CAGR in personal loans, again only trailing the Chinese market. However, growth across credit cards was weaker as economic activity decreased due to the pandemic. The Hong Kong market has witnessed a triple threat over the last few years. Its economy entered a recession in 2017 as geopolitical forces such as the US-China trade war had effects on the territory. Domestic political instability compounded this uncertainty, and COVID-19 became the metaphorical cherry on top in 2020. The retail, tourism, hospitality, and transport sectors were all negatively impacted by the global decrease in travel as well as by regional travel bans and nationwide lockdowns. Overall, Hong Kong as a territory and a financial center has fared better during the pandemic than other markets - but a recent surge in cases has had significant effects on growth and recovery.
This report explores the key trends in the Hong Kong retail banking sector and offers insight into consumer preferences and changes in behavior regarding financial services providers. It also examines channel preferences and covers overall satisfaction and importance levels of the main banking attributes. In addition, the report analyzes cross-selling opportunities by looking at customer tenures and areas of dissatisfaction.
- There has been a 17 percentage point decline in preference for transaction/savings accounts from traditional providers in Hong Kong. However, alternative providers such as digital banks have not taken advantage of this shift.
- Use of digital channels in Hong Kong has historically been high but has accelerated in the past 18 months due to COVID-19. As a result, for almost all banks in Hong Kong, branch usage has fallen compared to pre-pandemic levels.
- The most opportune moment to cross-sell to consumers in Hong Kong is when they have been customers for five or more years. Before this point rates of cross-selling are low.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand and analyze Hong Kong’s mortgage, deposit, and lending market trends based on present and forecast growth up to 2025.
- Analyze data from our 2021 Financial Services Consumer Survey by looking at new consumer preferences and behaviors in the Hong Kong retail banking market.
- Identify critical data points for customer retention and future customer acquisition through three core areas in banking: financial services provider preference and movements, digital and alternative channel preferences, and cross-selling opportunities based on tenure and satisfaction levels.
Browse our full report with Table of Content : https://www.bharatbook.com/report/1072918/hong-kong-retail-banking-market-to-analyzing-mortgage-deposit-lending-market-trends-and-digital-alternative-channel-preferences
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book is Your One-Stop-Shop with an exhaustive coverage of 15,00,000 reports and insights that includes latest Industry Study, Industry Trends & Analysis, Forecasts Customized Intelligence, Newsletters and Online Databases. Overall a comprehensive coverage of major industries with a further segmentation of 100+ subsectors.
Contact us at:
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Email: [email protected]