Bharat Book Bureau Provides the Trending Industry Research Report on“India Fragrance Market Outlook, 2027”under Consumer Goods Market Research Report. The report offers a collection of superior Market research, Market analysis, competitive intelligence and Market reports.
Fragrance industry's rapid growth is attributed primarily to the advent of functional products with characteristics such as perfumes and deodorants. The earliest scents known to Indians were the healing scents introduced through Ayurveda. Ayurvedic remedies recommending the use of aromatic herbs and fragrant plants for well-being, hygiene, treatment of ailments, beauty and age-control is well known even today.
Fragrances industry majorly includes two categories viz. deodorant and perfumes which are then categorized into several sub-forms. Perfumes are available in the form of eau de toilette, eau de cologne, parfum and eau de parfum. The fragrance industry is set to witness an increase in the demand for high-end sophisticated fragrances as consumers are altering their lifestyle and adapting the luxurious fragrances in their daily personal grooming regime.
According to “India Fragrance (Perfume & Deodorant) Market Outlook, 2027”, the fragrance industry is projected to cross INR 20,000 crores by 2027. The demand for fragrance products has been driven by rising disposable income, growth in middle class population, increasing importance of personal grooming, emergence of working women, affordable price and the hot, humid and tropical climate conditions of India. India fragrance market is dominated by deodorants whereas perfumes are also picking up pace with the onset of lifestyle changes. The organized market has slightly below 70% share in the fragrance market majorly due to deodorants. Out of the total market the mass products (Deodorant below INR 300 and perfume below INR 1000) has contributed 80% of the market but due to increasing income the average selling price is increasing since past few years. The online sales are the fastest growing sales channel expected to be below 20% even in 2027. Vini Cosmetics, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Nivea India, Marico and McNroe are the market leaders in the organized fragrance market.
Deodorants in India are available in aerosol/spray form as well as in roll-ons and sticks. Traditionally, within aerosol/spray the gas based deodorants was leading the market but after the launch of Fogg i.e. Non-Gas deodorant in 2011 the market dynamics has changed completely. The unorganized market has less than 10% share in the deodorants market. Different types of deodorants are available in the Indian market today with a number of brands and this has given a plethora of choices to consumers. There are few company targeting women and some of them are targeting men but men’s segment is dominating the market. India deodorant market is expected to grow with a CAGR of close to 12% over next five years out of which the aerosol/spray form of deodorant is expected to continue its dominance over 2026-2027. Urban India accounts for a considerable market share in the sales of deodorants and perfumes. However, all the focus is now on rural India which inhabits a larger number of populations and is majorly untapped. Deodorant category is registering a robust growth in the rural parts of India because of low price point and availability of wider choices.
Fogg from Vini Cosmetics leads the deodorant category, along with Engage, Axe, Nivea, Wild Stone, Dove, Park Avenue, Set Wet and Sure are the major brands operating in the deodorant space.
The youngsters majorly fuelled the sales of products like deodorants and perfumes, the industry is set to grow and offer innumerable opportunities for new entrants as well as existing players. Rising demand for perfumes from working professionals is one of the major growth drivers for perfume industry as professionals want to smell good every day from the moment they enter into the office till their exit. The perfume segment above INR 1000 price range is expected to grow over 17% in the forecast period which would be more than 25% of the total market in 2027. Eau de Toilette which is priced from INR 500 to INR 1000 contributes the most which is followed by Eau de Cologne.
India Fragrance (Perfume & Deodorant) Market Outlook, 2027 discusses the following aspects of the Indian market:
The report gives an in-depth understanding of fragrance market in India:
- Global Fragrance Market Outlook
- India Fragrance Market Outlook
- India Organized Fragrance Market Size & Forecast
- India Unorganized Fragrance Market Size & Forecast
- India Fragrance Market By End User (Men & Women)
- India Fragrance Market By Price Segment (Mass & Premium)
- India Fragrance Market By Sales Channel (Traditional & Departmental Stores, Supermarket/ Hypermarket, Specialty Stores, Online)
- India Fragrance Market By Region (East, West, North, South)
- India Deodorant Market Size & Forecast
- India Organized Deodorant Market Size & Forecast
- India Unorganized Deodorant Market Size & Forecast
- India Spray Deodorant Market Size & Forecast
- India Roll-On & Stick Deodorant Market Size & Forecast
- India Gas based Spray Deodorant Market Size & Forecast
- India Non-Gas Spray Deodorant Market Size & Forecast
- India Deodorant Market By Company/ Brand
- India Deodorant Market By End User (Men & Women)
- India Deodorant Market By Demographics (Urban vs Rural)
- India Deodorant Market By Price Segment (Mass & Premium)
- India Deodorant Market By Sales Channel (Traditional & Departmental Stores, Supermarket/ Hypermarket, Specialty Stores, Online)
- Product Price & Variant Analysis of deodorants for men and women
- India Perfume Market Size & Forecast
- India Organized Perfume Market Size & Forecast
- India Unorganized Perfume Market Size & Forecast
- India Perfume Market By End User (Men & Women)
- India Perfume Market By Price Segment (Mass & Premium)
- India Perfume Market By Product Type (Eau de Cologne, Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum & Parfum)
- India Perfume Market By Sales Channel (Traditional & Departmental Stores, Supermarket/ Hypermarket, Specialty Stores, Online)
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
- Key vendors in this market space
This report can be useful to Industry consultants, manufacturers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies. In addition to marketing & presentations, it will also increase competitive knowledge about the industry.
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interviews with various channel partners of deodorants and perfumes in India. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Please get in touch with our sales team in order to find out more.
Keywords: India, global, fragrance, deodorant, perfume, spray, stick, solid, roll-on, HUL, Vini, Cosmetics, ITC, Nivea, Fogg, Nivea, Axe, Engage, Wild Stone
Browse our full report with Table of Content : https://www.bharatbook.com/report/1346370/india-fragrance-perfumes-deodorants-market-outlook
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book is Your One-Stop-Shop with an exhaustive coverage of 15,00,000 reports and insights that includes latest Industry Study, Industry Trends & Analysis, Forecasts Customized Intelligence, Newsletters and Online Databases. Overall a comprehensive coverage of major industries with a further segmentation of 100+ subsectors.
Contact us at:
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Email: [email protected]