Calling professionals like a water damage restoration company is a good idea after you have detected water damage in your home. They are experts in water damage restoration and can help you organize the best course of action as well as carry out repairs.
There are steps that you can take to save your valuables while you wait for the water damage restoration professionals to arrive. These are five simple tasks that you can do while you wait for them to arrive and speed up the restoration process.
1. Open windows and circulate the air by using fans. Mold and mildew will grow rapidly and cause irreparable damage. Mold and mildew have more chance to grow the longer the room remains damp.
2. Take out all floor coverings and rugs. Carpets and rugs retain a lot moisture and drying will be more efficient if they are hang up and aired.
3. Place furniture legs on wooden blocks - water can cause damage to the flooring. The more time it is left in water, the more moisture it will absorb.
4. Wet fabrics should be removed - just like floor coverings, once curtains, bedding, and lounge covers become wet, they can increase the humidity in the room. They need to be taken outside.
5. A dehumidifier can be used if it is warm enough. If the temperature is high, running the dehumidifier with the windows shut will greatly speed up the drying process.
After the water damage restoration specialists have finished, they will be equipped to restore your home with the right tools and knowledge. These first steps will make it as easy as possible to get the restoration underway. To get more detail visit https://www.waterdamage-ny.com/.