Before we get to WordPress themes and plugins, let’s understand what a web page is, and all its different components. A website majorly has two components, namely: Design and Functionality. Well, there’s more as your website’s design, features, and little trickeries are made visible by some very important things.
These things are :
Themes, what they are!
- Themes give your website an overall look and appeal.
- It has templates, which provide uniformity and a streamlined appearance (basically a way of how things should look like)
Plugins, what features and functionality, and why
A plugin is a complex piece of bomb software that adds functionality to your website. As the name suggests, it ‘plugs in’ to your website, to give it that missing x-factor.
Why are plugins important?
It’s a no-brainer that we all want the best features and widgets available on our website. And these plugins help us achieve that and that too for free (most of them are)!
How to install WordPress themes and plugins?
- Go to the WordPress dashboard
- Select plugins/themes (can also search the directory)
- To use full-site editing, go to
- select editor
How to decide which you want
There is no fixed number of plugins to have on your website, you can have as many as you want. Just make sure that they’re useful, else you’re just going to clutter up your back-end. Also, there will be too much load on your website, thus affecting the loading time.