Dr Mark Wotherspoon is known for being a top-notch consultant in exercise, sport, and musculoskeletal medicine with a specialised interest in underperformance syndrome, tendon injuries, and chronic groin pain. He qualified from the St. George’s Hospital in the year 1985. He completed his vocational training in 1991 after working in rheumatology, orthopaedics, and A & E. To know more, please check out the given discussion.
A Brief Note
Dr Mark Wotherspoon was in general practice until 2010. He completed his diploma in sports and exercise medicine in 1992 and has worked in the sports and exercise medicine since then. Dr Wotherspoon has expanded his experience by being an active member of Fulham FC from 1992 to 2002 and at London Irish RFC from 2002 to 2004. He is at present the chief medical officer of Southampton FC.
Dr Mark Wotherspoon collaborated with the English Sports Institute, based at the Bisham Abbey from 2013, and in the same capacity attended the World Student Games, European Cups, and World Championships across a wide range of the Olympic Sports including rowing, hockey, speed skating, and canoeing. To get a clear view of Wotherspoon’s services, pay a visit to his official website.
Reasons to Choose
Dr Mark Wotherspoon has acquired immense recognition as a sports and medicine doctor, and there are several reasons behind it. He utilises unique strategies to make sure the athletes recover from even the most complex injuries within a short period, and enter optimal performing zones. Dr Mark’s clinics are spacious and equipped with all the basic amenities. The staffs here are ready to answer all the queries.
Dr Mark Wotherspoon is an integral part of multiple reputed associations. Some of his current appointments are as follows:
• Sports & exercise medicine consultant at Wessex Nuffield Hospital.
• Chief medical officer for Ladies European Golf Tour.
• Sports & exercise medicine consultant at Fortius Clinics, London.
• Lead medical officer for Wales and England Cricket Board.
One can gauge the credibility and proficiency of Dr Mark Wotherspoon by checking out his lectures in the:
• Article in the journal of the Sports & Exercise Medicine.
• Radiofrequency denervation (page 380) of inguinal ligament for sportsman’s hernia.
• Daily CPD presentations at Wimbledon Clinics, Hampshire Clinic, Wessex Nuffield, and Circle Reading hospitals.
Dr Mark Wotherspoon’s fellowships, publications, and awards are evidence to his reliable reputation in the medical industry.
• Fellow faculty member of sports and exercise medicine, UK - 2008.
• Faculty member of sports science and medicine team, British Medical Awards - 2012.
• Doping control office for United Kingdom Sports Club - 1992 to 1997.
For queries, please fill the application form uploaded on the official website. To book an appointment, one may call or send an email. The details are given below:
Phone Number - 02380 764967
Email ID- [email protected]