Healthcare Industry is one of the most volatile industries exposed to constant changes under the government’s ever-changing healthcare reforms. It demands better-equipped project management that quickly adapt to its changes and deliver work faster.
Agile project management helps the project teams to have shorter development cycles, followed by more frequent product releases.
So let’s focus on the main points that make agile practice conducive to any given projects:
Tools and Technologies
The most basic agile form of agile project management tools is the whiteboard and the post-it notes. Let’s look at the trending freely available digital tools that handle agile frameworks like scrum and kanban: Here are five free Agile project management tools: (Feb 01, 2020)
1. KanbanTool is used to review the visibility of the projects with the help of the Kanban board which consists of various story cards, time lanes color effects, etc this is a very basic project management tool, and it’s free up to two users and boards.
2. Pipefy tool can be used to create customizable workflows and it enables us to build kanban-style workflows. It doesn’t come with pre-designed project templates and is a free tool for up to five people
3. Wrike is used for managing both agile and traditional projects, it is a cloud-based tool and is also free and available free for five members.
4. Yodiz is a fully customizable project management tool, mostly used for agile projects for creating boards, layouts, adding customized fields, and more. this is a free tool for up to three users.
5. ZohoSprints is also used mostly by the agile teams, this a cloud-based project management tool and comes with all the advanced agile features including scrum boards. this is also free for up to five users.
Room for Innovation-
The agile approach to project management helps to deal with multiple stakeholders and stagnant approaches. These are the ideal situations through which older problems can be handled efficiently with new technology embedded systems. Innovation can be perceived as something new and unique thinking that leads to significant discoveries, processes, and devices.
Agile bring innovation in business as it provides an edge to penetrate the market at high speed but also better ways to develop a market to generate bigger opportunities, especially in abroad countries.
Speed to Market-
Agile project management works on sprints, each sprint lasts three to four weeks. This makes it possible to deliver results quickly. According to the state of the agile 2020 report (14 annual states of the agile report, 2020), 70% of respondents cited that one of the critical measures of success with agile transformation initiatives is delivering projects at a faster pace.
Cross-functional speed and collaborations make it possible for project managers in healthcare to deliver results at lesser costs. McKinsey & Company (2020) states that through agile adoption a global bank reduced its cost base by 30% so adopting agile doesn’t just help to make profits but saves them money, too creating a win-win situation.
Feedbacks and Changes-
The agile approach is totally dependent on testing and feedback, using it issues about a sector can be easily addressed in isolation without disturbing the entire project cycle. The agile methodology was created so that project teams could collect and apply feedback as they worked simultaneously.
The availability of data will assist project managers to make better decisions in analyzing older records to get better insights regarding recurring issues. Most of the businesses are using agile principles to make sure data are available all the time. Mckinsey reports (Chiara Brocchi, 2016),