Folding bikes are one of the most trendy modes of commuting worldwide. They have their own benefits, in addition to the typical bicycle benefits. Folding bikes are bicycles designed to be kept in a folded state. This makes it very easy to store or carry them anywhere. They come in various designs, with each one having its own unique features. Each design is distinguished by various factors such as folding style, material make, size of tyres, suspensions, number of gears, folding time, etc. Let’s read and find out what makes them the best:
1) Easy to Carry: Folding bikes can be taken indoors easily. You just fold it and bring it along with you. Additionally, they can be taken on buses and trains in bags. They can even be put in the trunk of cars or taxis, and some airlines allow them in the luggage. Birdy is one of the best examples of such a bike. Birdy bike models come in a range of models that have sturdy bodies and a quick folding style. Many folding bikes come in the weight range of 11 to 13 kilograms, which makes them easy to carry anywhere.
2) Explore as Per Choice: When you have a folding bike, you have the choice of skipping the tough roads. For example, if you are travelling on an uneven road and there is a bus nearby, you can switch to the bus and carry the bike in a folding bag. This way, you can save energy and ride when you feel like the path is suitable for you. Folding allows you to convert your bicycle into a piece of luggage which you can easily carry with you.
3) Easy to Mount: Folding bikes are easy to fold and unfold. It takes very little time to mount folding bikes, unlike standard bicycles, which need to be unlocked and taken out of the garage or parking lot. Using folding bikes is time-saving. Some users just hang their folding bikes on the wall, which is easier for them to take them down while going without putting effort into unlocking or moving out of the garage.
4) Carry them Around the City: Many restaurants in cities allow you to keep folding bikes beside your table while you have your food. It keeps your bike secure, and you get to enjoy it without worrying about the safety of your vehicle. You can take your bike to buy groceries, and you can ask the manager if they allow you to keep bikes in the shopping cart. Some people even make their folding bikes into shopping carts.
5) Replaceable Parts: Folding bikes have a strong body, and the flexibility to make them compact when not in use. Their bike frame is made of either steel, carbon fibre, or aluminium. Some brands provide certain parts of folding bikes, which you can replace or can get replaced at a repair shop easily, such as suspensions, tyres, seat posts, kickstands, coils, mudguards, wheel stoppers, carriers, etc. Birdy bike accessories are the best support available for replacing any necessary part in your Birdy bike. They are available on Birdy’s official website, which you can access from anywhere and place an order for delivery to your location.
5 Vale St.
(03) 9534 3074